Engineering Team Lead
MessageGears is the first email marketing solution of its kind. By combining the power and security of on-premises software with the efficiency and scalability of cloud delivery, we enable marketers to capitalize on every email. We’re not interested in simply being another email service provider – we’re disrupting an industry by providing a solution that gives marketers complete control over their multi-channel programs through advanced tech.
We're rapidly growing and need YOU to help shape the process for developing great software. We're located in a beautiful office space Downtown, offering access to beautiful parks, an on-site gym, trendy shops, Marta, free parking and world-class restaurants.
As Tech Lead, you will lead the delivery output for the full Scrum team consisting of full-stack Java engineers, data and test engineers, a scrum master and product owner dedicated to the team. A great Tech Lead partners with the product owner to align focus and work to maximize delivery. Key to being a tech lead at MessageGears is balancing smart technical decisions within the team and fostering the right communication across teams to meet milestones. The Scrum team owns the solutions designed and implemented to meet client driven requirements and the Tech Lead structures how challenges are broken down, organized and overcome to leverage all resources on the team as effectively as possible.
- Be an inspiring leader to a Scrum Team
- Partner with platform Product Owner to maintain a clear roadmap and ready backlog blended appropriate with company goals
- Provide technical leadership and decision making for the team to plan efficient development sprints leveraging all team resources
- Promote good engineering practices within the team to ensure delivery of quality code assets
- Maintain a hands-on role developing clean, concise code with appropriate developer documentation and unit test cases
- Work with full-stack mindset to advocate effective and scalable implementations
- Review team member’s code for consistent patterns, accepted standards and clear, supportable design
- Ensure proper test coverage of the Team’s work to ensure data integrity between producers and consumers
- Support the success of the Scrum team to complete Sprints early!
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Worked in an Agile development environment
- Ability to present and communicate technical designs and processes to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Previous technical decision making responsibility to deliver a web centric product platform
- Experience working through product requirements to yield a deliverable backlog of user stories organized to maximize sprint team delivery
- Experience working with established coding frameworks and ability to explain rationale for using those frameworks in previous projects
- 4+ years of experience developing and maintaining software in a SaaS environment
- 2+ years of experience in a Java Developer role
- Proficiency with the Spring framework
- Can efficiently design and optimize SQL queries
- Prior experience working with cloud-based commercial API solutions
- Proficiency with the Linux
- Some experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, SQS, RDS, etc)
- US Citizen or legal permanent resident
- Work with fun, smart, social people!
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Executive support to make sure you are equipped for success
- Lively Downtown Atlanta location with lots of activities (great gym in building!)
- Use of company's 4 season tickets to the Atlanta Braves front row
- Casual dress all-day, everyday
- Flexible work hours
- Free covered parking
- Fun, fast-paced, professional environment
- Growth stage company with many opportunities for advancement